Monday, June 06, 2005

Money Affairs and More.

Andy, I agree. First, if we do the summit it will be on a weekend, and it will probably require each of us to use our own money to be there. Uganda-CAN may be able to subsidize some people's travel, but we really need to limit use of our funds. Except for Andy and I (and Michael who, now in transit to Uganda, is very much in support), others have yet to weigh in. Please send in your thoughts on this whole thing everyone.

Second, I agree that we need to be clearer in how much money we are going to send to relief organizations to deal with the immediate suffering as a result of the war. I think it might be good to set a 50-50 policy - 50% of funding goes to relief efforts on the ground NOW and 50% goes to the campaign's work. I am just throwing that out there, so please send in thoughts.

Finally, this will require us to do a bit more research and make some decisions about who are partners are going to be on the ground in northern Uganda for relief work. Michael can do some research while there, but we need to have one, two or three people working on this - anyone want to volunteer? It would be especially good if people who have been there could take up this part. Paul? Nandita? Nate?

Well, more to come tomorrow. Andy, if you have time, can we get an update on the website?

2 Comments:

Blogger Andy H said...

The other designer (Eric Doversberger) is working on converting the current design to CSS. I realize everyone is waiting on us, so I'm encouraging him to hurry, although this does take time.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

I start work July 25, but I will do my best to be there whenever it is scheduled and have no problem paying for a flight myself (I am a well compensated corporate whore, after all). About $$$, I like the idea of a 50-50 split, both because it would really help and because it would look gr8 for grant appllications!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home