Monday, June 27, 2005

Hello to All!

Hello everyone! My name is Christine McGlinchy, and I believe I am the newest member of the Uganda-CAN leadership team. I will be a junior next year at Notre Dame, and I am studying Spanish and American Studies. I am very excited to get to know all of you and collaborate on some of the Uganda-CAN projects!
Peter has designated me to work on a University/College outreach program, and I was hoping to relay to you all what I've been thinking about trying to accomplish in order to get some feedback:
I am hoping to initially make contacts with a specific number of colleges in each state and determine what branch, office, or student group of the school would be most interested in the work the Uganda-CAN is doing. After findingthe right people to talk to, I would like to establish a relationship with a specific someone from each school, to act as the school's spokesperson and contact for us to work with. Through these relationships I would hope to be able to work together with each school to determine whether and when it would be possible for a representative of Uganda-CAN to come to the school to speak out about the crisis we are working to end. Ultimately, my major, super, and I don't even know if it's possible, goal is to, from these demonstrations, move people enough towards working for our cause that they want to be a part of Uganda-CAN in a big way. I want (this is the second major half of my goal) to hold a Uganda-CAN consortium of sorts in Washington DC, with representatives from each school, and as broadly across the country as possible to come to DC, meet with the other members of Uganda-CAN, and physically go to Capitol Hill, speak with their state representatives, and urge them to push Congress to make change in Uganda.
Any feedback you may have is greatly appreciated...it's great to be a part of Uganda-CAN and I can't wait to see what we all can accomplish! Thank you all for the work that you do, you are all amazing.
Smiles,
Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home