Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Let's Roll

Good morning all y'all.

Just so you guys know, as of today, I am working 40 hours a week on Uganda-CAN, thanks to some generous AFJN donors. So if you have some work that needs to be done or ideas to be followed up upon, let me know. And this also means you can now kick my ass if things don't start moving a helluva lot faster.

The strategic plan is underway and I should have a rough draft in your mailboxes by 1:30 this afternoon. Check it out and a.) let me know additions, subtractions and revisions and b.) let me know what pieces you want to lead and/or work on in the coming months. I agree with Michael generally on the categories, though I broke them up as Website Management and Marketing, Grassroots Organizing within United States, Partnering with Relevant Orgs/Campaigns, Linkage with Individuals and Groups in Uganda, Policy Analysis and Agenda and Mobilization for Action.

Also if anyone has any final recommendations for the funding letter and/or mission statement, send them by today.

Finally, I am not sure today's chatroom conference session is going to work as I haven't really heard from anyone. I am leaning towards canceling it formally (and if people are still online, we can still talk) and postponing it to the end of the week or weekend. I just think it is crucial that we all talk as a group at some point by the end of the week. I will let you know in my email later with the strategic plan.

In news, there was an attack by the LRA on Saturday, which is covered in today's NY Times. 8 people killed, I think, somewhere in the Gulu region (one of the three districts of Acholiland - the hot spot for the war).

Have a sweet Tuesday.

Pedro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home